Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Favorite Milestone So Far

This might not be one of the most thought of milestones for a baby, but so far this might be my favorite.....the babies are done with BOTTLES!!!

I started trading out some of their formula for whole milk when they hit 11 months so by 1 year they were completely on whole milk.  They didn't have any issues at all with that transition. Then at 1 year, we traded out their afternoon bottle for a straw cup of milk (they seemed to like the straw cup better than their normal sippy cup that we use for water). It took a week or so for them to get used to it and actually like drinking their milk that way. They were hesitant at first. Then we did the morning bottle which went smoothly and now the bedtime bottle this week. Cooper is still getting used to no bedtime bottle and will whine and hit his sippy cup away but then will give up I guess and start drinking. Brinley has really gotten into it and will drink a whole cup of milk in one sitting now, just cuddled up on your lap, chugging away.

So no more nightly washing of bottles and making bottles for the next day (making 16 bottles a day for the longest time took 45 mins every night)!!!  And oh ya, not to mention saving tons of money per month on formula! (I never calculated it out because I bought in bulk but at least $200 a month I'd say we spent in formula)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment